1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. oil
1/3 c. milk
1 lg. egg or egg substitute
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
(Pastry flour adds a lighter texture).
(Soy milk can be substituted and vanilla. Soy milk adds a very delicate flavor and moist texture.
1. Sift together the (4) dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
2. Beat together the remaining ingredients (except the berries). Pour this into the well, and stir gently until just blended, gradually adding the berries.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Cool in pans 5-10 minutes before removing.